The car is composed of tens of thousands of precision auto parts, and in daily driving, it is inevitable to encounter small faults. As a car owner, you can wait and wait for some malfunctions, but you cannot wait for some malfunctions and they need to be taken seriously and repaired. If you continue to drive without permission, it will seriously affect condition of car, and even seriously affect safety. driving. The following auto repairmen share with you 7 types of car breakdowns you can't wait for. If you have any car breakdown problems, you can also find us to solve them.
1. The steering wheel suddenly became heavier
Symptoms: obvious resistance when turning direction, as if there is no help, and direction cannot return to middle after turning.
Causes and Solutions:
1. There must be a problem with booster system or booster lube oil.
2. If you feel that steering becomes tight while driving and car rolls to side, you need to check tires, or balance and position wheels. Correcting these problems in time, when they are just discovered, can prevent the propagation of a malfunction and avoid large losses.
Secondly, braking distance is increased
Symptoms: The brakes become soft, car cannot be stopped at a short distance even with brakes fully depressed, tires slip.
Causes and Solutions:
1. Brake pads need to be replaced, and small brake pads will be second part of car safety. When car is in motion, issue of safety is transferred to this unattractive little guy. Therefore, quality of brake pads is directly related to safety of driver and passengers. Therefore, when replacing and buying, you can’t just focus on cheapness and ignore quality. I hope that all car owners will pay attention to this. This is nothing more than taking on more responsibility and greater security for your family.
2. The brake fluid has deteriorated. Because after using brake fluid for a long time, cup and piston in brake pump wear out, causing brake fluid to become cloudy, so it is better to replace it. In addition, you should pay attention to choice of brake fluid: if it is a low-quality brake fluid, it corrodes leather plug of brake oil pump and affects braking performance. Therefore, if brake fluid is out of stock, it is best to go to a professional repair shop to buy original car's brake fluid, and do not spend a lot of money to save a small amount of money.
3. If tire is worn out, tire will be permanent and pattern on surface will be worn out, and grip and friction will be greatly reduced, a danger to fetus.
Third, water temperature is too high
Symptoms. During normal driving, water temperature gauge in a car is usually around 90 degrees. If arrow reaches red signal line, you should pay attention and immediately stop to check.
Reason: There are many reasons why water temperature in car is high, and we briefly list following:
1. The cooling fan does not rotate. The cooling fan can be controlled by a thermostat switch as well as a water temperature sensor.
2. Insufficient amount of coolant. ① Antifreeze: In expensive cars, antifreeze must be filled all year round; ②Water or distilled water: temporary replacement; ③The lid of water tank is leaking.
3. The thermostat is damaged. ① If you want to remove thermostat, you must block small circulation at this time to ensure that all coolant dissipates from water tank; ②When installing a new thermostat, you should pay attention to water hole, such as Santana, there is no water hole. At this stage, a 6 mm drill should be used to drill hole. One function is for marking; another function is that when car is warming up, there is a temperature difference between two sides of thermostat, so that thermostat can open exactly according to water temperature.
4. The water tank is clogged. ①External blockage must be cleared with water or air.②Internal blockage affects coolant circulation and builds up pressure at same time. At this time, there will be two results, one is water tank leakage, and other is when driving at high speed. speed The water temperature is extremely high.
5. Water pump defective. ① The impeller slips or gets stuck, causing timing belt to break; ② The impeller is deformed.
6. The cylinder is damaged. ①The combustion chamber collides with water flow, and at this time water is drained or white smoke is emitted from drain pipe, which leads to frequent lack of water in water tank; Bad, especially at high speeds; ④The water supply is blocked.
7. Ignition timing incorrect (correct with timing indicator) and oil pressure too high.
1. If engine suddenly overheats during operation, you should first pay attention to dynamics of ammeter. If ammeter does not show charging when accelerator is increased, and arrow from 3A-5A discharge only swings back to "0" position intermittently, this means that fan belt is broken. If ammeter shows charging, turn off engine and touch radiator and engine with your hand. If engine temperature is too high and radiator temperature is low, it means that water pump shaft and impeller are loose, interrupting circulation of cooling water;
2. The temperature of cooling water rises to a boil shortly after start-up, mainly because main thermostat valve has fallen off and lies horizontally in radiator water inlet, preventing much coolant circulation. water. If cooling water is found to boil while driving, stop engine immediately, let it run at low speed until water temperature is normal, and then turn off engine to check.
3. If cylinder head gasket is blown, water tank neck will sometimes overflow and air bubbles will come out, indicating a boiling cooling water condition.
Fourth: Red oil tank light on, stop and check nearby
If front of vehicle is impacted, it is likely that engine oil and transmission fluid are leaking.
Continuing to drive when there is not enough oil in engine can break piston in cylinder, and car will suddenly stall. This is not only very dangerous, but also associated with high maintenance costs. We remind you that if you see that red oil tank indicator on instrument is on, you must stop nearby for an inspection. Some cars burn engine oil and car owners need to be very experienced and can top up appropriate engine oil themselves. If fuel line is damaged due to impact, do not add oil and call for roadside assistance.
The role of gear oil is to lubricate and cool. There is not enough oil in manual transmission, and if it continues to work forcibly, it can damage gears. However, if there is not enough oil in automatic transmission, driver will feel that gear shift is not smooth, and power will drop, after oil leaks, car will immediately stall, and gear of gearbox will naturally be worn out.
5. Abnormal vehicle noise
Symptoms. Abnormal noises in vehicles are relatively common, usually abnormal engine noises, abnormal chassis noises, abnormal bearing noises, etc. We can judge approximate location of fault from overall abnormal noise.
Causes and Solutions:
1. Noise caused by engine oil problems: After our machine has been used for a period of time, engine runs normally, but noise increases, which is usually caused by engine oil. The most common reason is that oil has not been changed regularly and noise will go away after an oil change. Oil noise problems can also be caused by insufficient oil pressure, which can be caused by a damaged seal in lubrication system or an oil pump problem.
2. Abnormal Chassis Sound: Some cars have poor chassis connectors due to hardware quality issues, causing driving noise. Such problems can usually be detected in first few months of using a new car. At end of break-in period, it is necessary to carry out professional maintenance and inspection to tighten screws.
3. Abnormal engine sound: The engine makes a strong abnormal sound during operation, accompanied by strong shaking, and sound frequency is same as shaking frequency. This phenomenon is usually a cylinder misfire. Misfires can be caused by engine oil supply, ignition, air supply and engine ECU, but most common cause is a failure of ignition system, and most common ignition system malfunction is that spark plug does not ignite or ignites abnormally. At this time, cleaning spark plug of dirt or replacing spark plug can often fix problem.
Another cause of abnormal engine sound is related to belt and bearing wear. If belt gets old, it will slip and make abnormal noise. This kind of abnormal sound is often harsh and loud and can occur all time or occasionally, more often when engine is just started and operating temperature is low.
Six, water tank leaking
All drivers know that engine must be cooled by constantly circulating water, so if you find that water tank is leaking, do not open it.
In a collision near front bumper, water tank can usually be damaged. If you find a water leak under case, there are usually two possibilities: water tank is leaking, or glass jug is leaking. Leaking water from a glass jug is not a big problem, and it can continue to be operated without calling a tow truck. If water tank is leaking, it should be turned off immediately.
Then how to determine whichdoes it leak? Teach you two tricks, one is to look at color, actually water in water tank is antifreeze, and color of antifreeze is mostly yellow or green. A glass of water is usually light and bubbling. Secondly, if water tank leaks and continues to move, after a while warning light on instrument panel will light up, at this time it is really impossible to drive again, otherwise engine will be miserable.
Seven, brake fault light on, do not turn it on
The brake light will normally come on when handbrake is applied. If brake light comes on while driving, handbrake is most likely not released. If handbrake is released and light is still on, brake fluid level may be low or brake pads may be too thin. These situations affect braking performance and pose a potential safety hazard. You must stop vehicle and deal with it as soon as possible.