GearboxChassisWhat does this mean?
I think everyone will have this driving situation: "Using D to decelerate means decelerating to a relatively low speed by applying brake, but not braking to a complete stop. The interval between these periods is very short, for 1 second, and then press brake again. Accelerate gas pedal, at this time car will jerk forward, it feels like you are raising clutch after a manual shift, and at same time it is like hearing a muffled sound of gearbox. This situation is gearboxBreakthroughPhenomena.
To put it simply: feeling of a breakthrough is like someone suddenly kicked you in back! You suddenly move forward like this, which means that speed coupling during switching process is not very good, and specific performance is "one rush, one rush." Jumping Gearbox - A Common Automatic Transmission Fault!
Cause of gearbox failure
1. Gearbox program problem: ask 4S store to add a spring for you, then update gearbox program >
3. Transmission oil problem: No oil, or when car is cold, gearbox oil is not hot and oil pressure is insufficient. 4. Malfunction of ignition system: check spark plug
5. Fuel delivery problem: oil circuit is not smooth or fuel injector is blocked, etc., which can be measured as fuel injection pulse width 6. Tire pressure problem: although it is hard to think that tire pressure will cause transmission will be disabled, there are indeed some riders. Gear skipping is caused by tire pressure. After tire pressure is adjusted to normal, gear skipping disappears. During normal driving, phenomenon of gear skipping occurs. sometimes and can be ignored because it may be caused by improper operation. If this happens frequently, it may be gearbox. If there is a problem, it is best to go to repair shop to check at this time.
How to tell if a transmission is out of order
Many cases of gear failures in automatic transmissions are not caused by damage to internal valve body, but by stubborn dirt and impurities inside, especially when dirt and impurities accumulate inside valve body, forming a blockage, which makes it impossible to achieve refueling with oil .Effective pressure adjustment will cause problem of hitting and slipping.
At same time, problem of high temperature in gearbox cannot be ignored. According to Automatic Transmission Repair Association, "More than 90% of all automatic transmission failures are caused by overheating."
High temperatures will degrade quality and frictional characteristics of automatic transmission oil, increase friction and wear, resulting in transmission noise. At same time, sludge (impurities or dirt) (such as valve body) will also form inside transmission, resulting in excessive shifting of transmission. If temperature exceeds 120°C, rubber sealing material will begin to harden, eventually causing leakage and reduced hydraulic pressure. If it gets hotter, transmission starts to slip, which in turn causes temperature to rise even more. (Audi and other high-end models will call police and go into transmission protection mode). If this is not corrected in time, gearbox will be scrapped.
Therefore, only by removing stubborn dirt and contaminants in gearbox and effectively controlling gearbox operating temperature can gearbox problem be completely solved and gearbox fail again.
Solutions for Gearbox Failing
1. Check gearbox mounting bolts and retighten them if they are loose.
2. Check working condition of synchronizer and repair or replace it in case of failure.
3. If gearshift mechanism is good and gears or toothed bushings engage correctly, check if gears are worn to a bevel shape and replace them if wear is severe.
4.Check bearings and shafts for wear.If shafts are badly worn, bearings are loose, or transmission shaft is moving axially, they should be removed for repair or replacement.
5. When transmission jumps, shift shift lever into gear, and then remove transmission cover to check engagement of gear. If engagement is good, check shift fork shaft lock mechanism.
6. Press jump gear shift fork manually to test positioning device. If positioning is not satisfactory, remove shift fork shaft and check positioning ball and spring. If spring is too soft or broken, it should be replaced. If shift fork shaft groove is excessively worn. To be repaired or replaced.
Okay, today editor introduces what does a broken gearbox gear mean? How to judge gear jumps here I wonder if you have a deeper understanding of gearbox jumps after listening to editor's introduction? I hope my introduction will help you. If you want to learn more about automotive transmission, come to Automotive Maintenance Technology Network, editor is waiting for you here!