Oil is blood of a car, but unlike a person, blood of a car does not have a self-purifying function. Car owners should change their oil regularly. But how often is it considered regular? In principle, this is clearly stated in instructions for each car. The past standard was every 5,000 kilometers, but in recent years, automakers have continued to develop and research, hoping to improve structure of engine and increase time for regular maintenance and oil changes. Therefore, under normal driving conditions, if synthetic oil is used on many new cars, oil can in principle be changed every 10,000 km, and some can carry 20,000 km. Automotive maintenance professionals believe that "normal driving" means driving a lot on highway with few stops. However, if you often drive around city, there are traffic lights everywhere, and traffic jams occur at every turn, and most of distance for each trip does not exceed ten kilometers, this kind of driving is referred to as “driving fatigue”.
Adding too much lubricating oil, too high an oil level, or adding wrong petroleum products are most important causes of automotive oil leaks. Also on car, there are various types of fastening nuts that are unevenly tightened, loosened, fall off, etc., which leads to a malfunction. With excessive use of vehicle, this will happen slowly. Therefore, it is necessary to regularly do inspections so that there are no such reasons for leakage of automotive oil.
What to do if oil is leaking from car?
1. If oil pipe is broken, find a rubber or plastic pipe that matches diameter of oil pipe. If connector is not tight enough, both ends should be tied tightly with wire to prevent oil leakage.
2. If tube is broken, wipe crack, then apply soap, wrap a strip of cloth or duct tape around tube break, tie it tightly with wire, and then apply a coat of soap.
3. If there is oil leakage at oil pipe joint, wrap cotton thread around bottom edge of horn, and then tighten oil pipe nut and oil pipe joint; you can also chew gum or maltose into a paste, apply it to seat of oil pipe nut and wait for it to dry, after drying it acts as a seal.
4. If fuel tank is damaged, resulting in oil leakage, you can wipe oil leakage, and apply soap or chewing gum to oil leakage to block it temporarily. Of course, if conditions allow, it is best to use epoxy repair, effect is better. When oil leakage is large, you can flatten copper tube of heat dissipation core with needle nose pliers to prevent it from leaking; period of time. If there is no engine oil in crankcase, it can also be temporarily replaced with peanut oil, soybean oil, vegetable oil and other vegetable oils. After returning to repair shop, thoroughly clean and inspect inside of engine and replace it with new engine oil. .
5. When brake fluid leaks from brake cylinder or cylinder pipeline is broken, you can make a small iron sheet or copper sheet gasket at joint of cylinder pipe to block pipeline, and then tighten screws. , but this may result in one-way braking, so please be careful while driving.