Whether you regularly use your car as a smokehouse or just bought a used car that smells of smoke, with right tools you can get rid of smell in no time. . Wash your car thoroughly first, then use a combination of natural and chemical cleaners to get rid of smoke smell in your car. In no time, unpleasant smell of smoke in your car will disappear.Initial thorough cleaning
1. Clean blanket in car with carpet cleaner and then remove dust with a vacuum cleaner. Regular carpet cleaners are effective, but if smell is particularly strong, you may need to use a little more. After you finish using it, vacuum blanket.
2. Clean ashtray in car. While this step seems obvious, many actually forget about it. After you have cleaned ashtray, spray it with a regular air cleaner and then wipe ashtray with a kitchen towel. This leaves a thin layer of air freshener on surface of ashtray. This amount will not make ashtray flammable and will not retain pleasant smell of ashtray.
3. Hang an air freshener in your car, or hang an air purifier on your car's outlet. Of course, if you don't want people around you to know that you just cleaned your car, or that your car needs cleaning, putting a particularly strong-smelling cleaner in your car will make people suspicious. But if you just want to get rid of smell of smoke, then hanging an air freshener in your car can do a great job.
1. Try detergents for fabrics and upholstery. Many brands of detergents have powerful odor removal features. Spray a little on seats, floor mats, and even seat belts—every fabric you see. After spraying, use a large, soft-bristled brush to spread cleaner as directed.
An inconvenient but effective method is to remove seat from car before washing it, which can have a very different effect. Because there is a lot of carpet under seats, it absorbs a lot of smoke smell, but is very difficult to clean. By removing seat, you can thoroughly clean every corner. It will take a little more work, but will bring you a big surprise.
2. Try spraying pet deodorant on seats and carpets. It may sound strange, but it works. Pet deodorants, especially those that remove urine stains (and odors), work wonders. You can try popular brands in market.
3. Use paper desiccant. Desiccant can also help your car smell like new. You can leave a few or a box somewhere in car. For example, you can put it under car seat. When paper desiccant is exposed to sun and temperature rises, it gives off a very refreshing scent. A box of paper desiccant lasts a long time and is cheaper than buying a lot of air fresheners.
4. If smell of smoke in car is still very strong, you can spray a diluted cleaning agent onto heating pipe. For example, you can use saree or diluted bleach for best results. Find an air intake (usually under hood near wipers), then turn on exhaust in car and spray it with a spray bottle of water. This will remove any lingering smoke odors from the pipe.
5. Wash interior with shampoo. Apply shampoo directly to carpet and car seats, using a brush or cloth (brush is best) to blot cloth. Then collect remaining shampoo with an extractor vacuum cleaner that you can rent from your local auto parts store or store.Use natural cleaning products.
1. Use baking soda. Baking soda is an effective natural deodorant. It is also very common in use. Especially for car interiors that are made of fabric, this is especially effective. If taste is particularly strong, then you will need a whole package of sodium bicarbonate weighing 0.45 kg. You can do this:
Apply baking soda to any exposed surfaces. You can use a cloth, brush, or even your hands to rub baking soda into surface.
Wait at least half an hour or a day. The longer you wait, better baking soda will work.
When waiting time is up, vacuum up any leftover baking soda. Remember it's best to suck on both sides to make sure you remove all baking soda, this will also get rid of fine particles that make your car smell really bad
2. Wipe interior of car, including glass, with vinegar and water. You can mix 1/4 cup vinegar (white, not apple cider vinegar) with 2 cups water. Pour into a spray bottle and shake well. Spray on glass, car seats and other trim, then wipe dry. When used, smell of vinegar in car will be very strong, but smell of vinegar disappears quickly. Once dry, there is no taste.
3. Try putting plenty of dry coffee beans in your car for day. If you don't like taste of coffee, there's nothing wrong with that. Because this method really works. You can place 6 paper plates in different corners of car, place a cup of coffee beans on each plate and distribute them evenly across plate. Open your windows 1/8 inch (0.3 cm), preferably on a warm sunny day, to let smell of coffee fill your car. Get rid of coffee beans and you can enjoy latte (flavor) in car!
4. Use crumpled newspapers. While there is no evidence that this method is actually effective, in theory it should be because newspapers have a deodorizing function. Crumple up some old newspapers and place them in different corners of machine. Give newspaper 48 hours to thoroughly rinse off any odors. Then get rid of newspaper and recycle it.
5. Put activated carbon in your car as a filter. You can buy activated charcoal at pet stores, health food stores, and even your regular supermarket. Activated charcoal is usually in powder form, you can put a bowl or cup in car, wait a day or two, activated charcoal should do its magic and absorb smell in car.
6. Try leaving some ammonia or vinegar in your car overnight. About a cup or so will suffice. Ammonia is very potent, so don't sleep in a car with ammonia. After deodorizing, leave the windows open for one to two hours. If it didn't work once, try doing this every day for a week or two.Other methods
1. After cleaning car, you can completely remove smell from inside car with ozone cleaning. Ozone cleaning is different from other odor masking methods, this method can completely remove smell of smoke. Ozone can actually oxidize and decompose odor-causing compounds left in car.
2. Spend some money and entrust this business to a professional. Despite fact that you need to spend a lot of money, you will save yourself from worrying about this. The rich experience and tools of professionals guarantee that when you return car, it will look like new.Tips