How to keep our cars young? With growing popularity of private cars, people are paying more and more attention to car maintenance. Compared to old notion of “repair only when it breaks down”, more and more car owners are realizing importance of regular vehicle maintenance. Here are some tips for using and maintaining your car.
1. Turn on switch before starting car, and it cannot be started directly. When switch is open, car will usually go through a self-test, and you will see all lights turn on together and then turn off one by one after self-test is completed, and you can start after whole process is completed. completed. Usually wait about 3 seconds.
2. The brake pads should be checked regularly. The front brake pads should be checked every 30,000 km, and rear brake pads every 60,000 km. If they wear out quickly, they should be replaced in a timely manner.
3. At 30,000 km, it is necessary to cross-change tires, change front wheels to rear wheels, and change rear wheels, which can extend tire life.
4. When starting a cold car, pay attention to running car at high speed for one and a half minutes and allowing car time to warm up. (At beginning, internal temperature of engine does not reach normal operating temperature - water temperature gauge shows 90 degrees, which is normal. The car will shake, engine sound is loud, and tachometer is slightly high - normal means it is between 600 and 900 rpm. If you start in such conditions, it is easy to cause carbon deposits in engine, because combustion of engine is not enough at low temperature)
5. It is very important to contact a professional 4S service center for service within specified time. As a rule, this is 5000 kilometers for small insurance, 10000 for large insurance, and then repeat every 5000 kilometers.
6. Turn off engine for half a minute after parking. (The engine is still in a high temperature state after parking, turn off engine immediately, fan will be turned off, which does not contribute to engine cooling.
7. Do not empty fuel tank and refuel promptly before oil lamp comes on. (Modern cars are equipped with electronic injection engines, and oil pump is cooled by gasoline. If amount of oil is too low, oil pump cannot be cooled, and oil pump is easily damaged if it overheats.
8. Do not rush to accelerate when pulling away and shift gears when you reach a certain speed. (The speed is determined by your model, and each car is different. Do not add too much gas when starting, just climb slowly. It is more reasonable to shift gears at 2000-2500. Especially for cars with automatic transmission, due to slow start, many will rush to pedal accelerator when starting. This practice will only increase fuel consumption of car, as an automatic car also needs to change gears at normal speed. The correct speed should reach 2000-2500 Lift your foot and ease accelerator pedal slightly, and then refuel after speed will drop so that car can intelligently shift into next gear.
9. Do not overtighten gear while driving and change gear in a timely manner when engine is shaking. (Slipping gear will cause too much pressure in engine, insufficient power, incomplete combustion of gasoline and soot in injector, which will affect life of engine.
10. Chassis protection. The chassis is part of car body that is very close to ground, and also part that is easily damaged by ground objects while driving, so it is necessary to check chassis frequently to avoid excessive damage to chassis by foreign objects.
Cars pay attention to "seven points of service and three points of repair", that is, only regular maintenance is carried out in accordance with requirements of car, and problems are identified and resolved as early as possible. without overhaul to achieve safe, economical, accident-free driving, so that vehicle life is longer. Replace "surgery" with daily maintenance to avoid disassembly.