Introduction. In process of buying a car, in addition to price of car itself, fuel consumption is most important factor. After all, car fuel consumption is related to everyday life. car. After all, price of oil in China is higher than in other countries such as United States because most people have not considered that many small details in daily life can greatly reduce fuel consumption of their cars. thereby reducing living costs.
If you suddenly find that your fuel consumption is more than 10% higher than normal, this may mean that something is wrong with car. You can find causes and corrective measures in time from following eight aspects:
1. If you find that your vehicle's sliding distance is significantly reduced while driving, you should check if tire air pressure is within air pressure standard. If tires are under-inflated, fuel consumption will also increase.
Advice. Keep your tires fully inflated at right time.
2.Check tire wear. If tires are badly worn, they will often slip and increase fuel consumption.
Advice. Replace tires with new ones if necessary.
3. If you find abnormal noise from wheels while driving or starting off, you should check in time if bearings and brake system are faulty. If wheel rotation is not normal, it will affect vehicle speed and increase fuel consumption.
Tip: Repair bearings and brake system.
4. Clutch slippage will result in a loss of engine speed. When you find that engine tachometer is rapidly increasing, but vehicle speed is increasing slowly under fast acceleration, you can tell that clutch is slipping.
Advice. The clutch disc, clutch pressure plate and drive wheel need to be replaced.
5. When your car has traveled between 200,000 and 300,000 kilometers, cylinder pressure will usually be insufficient, and fuel consumption will increase significantly during this time.
Advice. If such a malfunction still occurs, engine must be repaired.
6. If black smoke appears from exhaust pipe and fuel consumption increases, it is necessary to check carburetor.
Tips: If carburetor is too dirty, you can spray cleaner directly on carburetor air intake. If there is still black smoke at this time, you can only disassemble the carburetor and clean it.
7. If spark plug is used for too long, fuel consumption also increases. Since a damaged spark plug will reduce ignition energy, vehicle's speed will decrease, resulting in a significant increase in gas mileage.
Tip: It's time to change spark plugs.
8. When temperature control switch and car's thermostat are damaged, fuel consumption increases. Because temperature control switch and thermostat are damaged, water temperature will drop and carburetor will not work properly, resulting in poor atomization of gasoline and a significant increase in fuel consumption.
Tip: Replace defective part.