The car engine is device that powers car, is heart of car and determines its power, efficiency, sustainability and environmental protection. Sometimes you will find that car is "sluggish" to drive, engine has little problems, which affects attendance, and car's service cycle is getting shorter and shorter. What is problem? Today we will analyze for you a few typical minor engine maintenance problems.
Abnormal digestion of lubricating oil
The car dashboard quickly shows that amount of lube oil is not enough after a certain mileage. There are usually three reasons:
1. There is a problem with engine piston seal, which causes gap between piston and cylinder wall to be too large, and engine oil burns out.
2. The engine parts are heavily worn, gap between parts is too large, resulting in abnormal consumption of lubricating oil.
3. The lubricating oil used is not up to standard, resulting in abnormal oil consumption.
Engine Overheat Fault
During operation, coolant temperature is likely to be too high. Once cooling temperature exceeds normal value, motor will not be able to dissipate heat normally, which will cause motor to overheat and affect its normal operation.
The main reasons for abnormal operation of cooling system are: thermostat failure, radiator failure, fan not rotating, clogged water tank, etc.
The car's dashboard tells you to stop and check for coolant leaks if coolant temperature is abnormal. It should be noted that when car is hot, it should not be stopped immediately, and coolant should not be added immediately, but should be waited until engine temperature becomes normal before operating. With a large amount of coolant, failure of engine thermostat and cooling fan should be excluded.
Smell from cab
At high temperature of engine, surrounding wires are prone to burning or coking and emit a strong odor. It is also possible to apply a large amount of grease during maintenance and odor will be produced by evaporation as engine temperature rises.
If a pungent or burning smell occurs while driving, stop immediately and check for softened or burnt lines around engine. Repair burnt or short-circuited lines in a timely manner to avoid serious damage and safety incidents.
After troubleshooting, there is still a strange smell in circuit, you should consider whether there is oil attached to surface of engine, factors such as volatilization or combustion of foreign matter when heated.
Wrong exhaust color
The color of exhaust gases should be colorless after normal combustion of vehicle, but color of exhaust gases will also change when engine fails.
1. The exhaust gas is black because fuel has not burned completely. The intake air sensors should be checked.
2. The fuel does not meet ignition standard, or water in gasoline will emit white exhaust gases. Check for a faulty spark plug and fuel quality.
3. Blue exhaust may be due to excessive piston ring wear or oil ring misalignment causing oil to rise up and enter combustion chamber, or oil leaking out of valve guide to participate in combustion. Check spark plug or valve seal, if there is a problem, check it in a timely manner and replace it with a new one if necessary.
About engine maintenance, friends on map can judge condition of engine, as well as check and repair the car.