Common sense of engine maintenance
One, daily service
1. Check height of engine oil level inside oil pan and if it is low, add it to indicated mark line.
2. Check amount of cooling water.
3. Check reliability of connection between engine and attachment attachments.
4. Keep engine clean and perform necessary cleaning.
5. Troubleshooting and abnormal phenomena.
6. When ambient temperature is below 5 degrees Celsius, drain cooling water after parking (in absence of antifreeze).
First Level Second Maintenance Based on daily maintenance, add following items:
1. Check fan belt tension and adjust if necessary.
2. Clean oil filter and diesel filter.
3. Replace dust on paper air filter element. If filter element is blackened by oil smoke and clogged, or filter element is damaged, it should be replaced.
4. Add 3# industrial lithium-based grease to water pump bearings, alternator bearings, jet pump clutch bearings and starter motor bearings (it can be replaced with calcium-based composite grease or calcium-sodium based grease, and maintenance interval should be shortened accordingly).
5.When reassembling parts disassembled for maintenance, they must be cleaned and ensured that they are in correct position.Then start engine, observe its operation, and eliminate existing three leakage faults and abnormal phenomena.
Third, second level service adds following elements based on first level service:
1. Change oil in oil pan, clean oil pan and oil filter.
2. Check air valve clearance and adjust if necessary.
3. Check fuel injection pressure and fuel injector atomization, clean as needed, adjust fuel injector or replace fuel injector assembly.
4. Remove dust from air filter element.
5. Clean fuel tank, filter screen and piping at fuel transfer oil pump inlet.
6. Replace diesel filter and oil filter.
7. Use compressed air to blow off dust accumulated in alternator and starter, check if all parts are ok and treat failed parts at same time.
Level 4 and 3 maintenance adds following elements based on second level maintenance:
1. Disassemble and inspect engine.
2. Clean cooling system: use 150 g of sodium hydroxide and 1 liter of water to prepare a cleaning solution. Before cleaning, drain all water from cooling system, then refill with same amount of cleaning solutionsoak for 8 to 12 hours, then start diesel engine, stop car when water temperature reaches operating temperature, and dispense cleaning solution immediately to avoid scale particles suspended in solution, then flush cooling system with clean water.
3. Check and clean lubricating oil port, timing chamber oil injection nozzle port, idler gear, and idler shaft oil port.
4. Check up a condition of fastening of bolts of a head of block of cylinders, bolts of rods and bolts of radical bearings and if necessary tighten them to specified value.
5.Check condition of air valve seal, if it does not meet requirements, it should be lapped and repaired.
6. Check bottom surface of air valve lifter housing and replace if cracked or peeled.
7. Remove deposits from combustion chamber, piston top, cylinder head, intake and exhaust ports.
8.Check clearance between crankshaft main bearing and connecting rod bearing.If clearance is not correct, or if surface of bearing shell is severely flaked, worn, or scratched, it should be replaced.
9. Check for water dripping from overflow hole of water pump and replace water seal if dripping is heavy.
10. Check working condition of jet pump and adjust if necessary.
11. Check and adjust valve timing and fuel injection timing.
12. Disassemble and inspect alternator and starter, clean and repair and refill with new lubricating oil.
13. Check crankcase ventilation device and clean if necessary.
14. With a significant drop in engine power, an increase in fuel and engine oil consumption, as well as black-blue smoke with an oily smoke smell from exhaust pipe, piston ring must be replaced with a new one.
15. In addition to first maintenance, subsequent three-level maintenance should check all parts of diesel engine and make necessary adjustments and repairs if necessary.